VPK – Voluntary Prekindergarten
Preparing 4-year-olds for success in school!
VPK stands for the Voluntary Prekindergarten education program. If you live in Florida, and your child turns 4 four years of age by September 1, your child is eligible to participate in Florida’s FREE Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) education program.
Benefits of early education and the VPK program
· The most important growth and development in the brain happens by the age of five.
· The early years are the learning years.
· A child’s ability to be attentive and to follow directions emerges in the early years.
· Structured early learning fosters these abilities for later success in school and in life.
· Pre-K prepares children to be ready for school. Children who participate in high-quality early childhood education programs develop better language skills, score higher in school-readiness tests and have better social skills and fewer behavioral problems once they enter school.
· They are also better prepared for Kindergarten, especially in the areas of pre-reading, pre-math and social skills.
· Pre-K promotes a love of learning in children.
· Pre-K enhances what a child learns at home and instills a love of life-long learning.
To learn more about the benefits of early childhood education and the VPK program, or to register for free VPK, please visit https://elcofswfl.org/voluntary-pre-kindergarten-vpk/